It was late last year when I started collaborating with other bloggers. I am glad to have found groups where bloggers support each other through blog comment exchanges, post re-tweets etc. In those few months, I’ve realized that there are too many bloggers out there that I haven’t come across before but were really great. I enjoyed those hours spent reading their blog posts. It felt like I made friends with people from around the world as I read their stories.
Out of thousands of bloggers, I am very much pleased to say that DBucketlist has been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. It’s the very first award my blog received from its 2 years of existence.
What is Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who are inspiring and creative. Once nominated, you are required to write a post where:
- You thank the blogger for nominating your blog and post a link back to their blog.
- Answer 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them eleven questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
So to begin, I would like to thank Lynne of Well-Caffeinated Traveller for nominating my blog! Lynne is living her life in pursuit of coffee shops and the world. She’s been to 40+ countries and had been really close with traveling that you can mistaken her for dating the world. She’s no ordinary travel blogger so I hope you’d go check out her blog!
And to answer her questions…
- What is your dream job?
To be honest, I have a lot of dream jobs in mind. But if I tell you everything here, it may take me 3 paragraphs or more. Hahaha. So to cut your reading short, I guess I have to say that my “dream” job is to be a digital nomad. I love how they travel the world while working. I know it’s really not practical and stable especially considering the fact that I wanted to have a family of my own, living a “normal” life. But who knows where life will take me?
2. What is the most amazing thing you’ve seen while traveling?
I guess the line of Gingko and Metasequoia trees in Nami Island is the most amazing thing I’ve seen yet.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I love my country but if I am to choose where to settle down for good, I would like it to be in South Korea. I fell in love with that country when I had my first visit last year. I love how disciplined they are, I love the weather, I love the ease of transportation (way too far compared to our country) and last but not the least, I love to live there because I am a Kdrama fan!
4. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten while traveling?
Some might not consider this strange but the weirdest thing I’ve eaten so far is Kogo, a Korean corn dog covered with french fries, dressed with ketchup and mayonnaise and sprinkled with sugar!
5. What is your favorite travel-related book or movie?
Forrest Gump! I love how the main character run after life like it was a feather floating around randomly with a destined spot to land. Traveling is the same thing. We may have a destination in mind but we’ll never know what we’ll encounter along the way. I guess it’s not always about the destination. Sometimes, it’s about the journey.
6. What is your favorite season?
Winter! It makes me feel like I live in a daydream. Deep!
7. What is one off the beaten path location that you recommend for me to visit?
Hmmm. I’ve never been to a lot of “off the beaten path” destinations but if there’s one place I can recommend, maybe I’d say visit Sagada in Mountain Province, Philippines and go spelunking!
8. What is your least favorite part of traveling?
Unpacking my bag to get clothes to wear before heading off to somewhere. I pack my things nicely (even though most of the time I do procrastinate packing ~ but still neatly done) and I just hate how my bag turns out to be a complete mess after getting some of the clothes I need to wear for the day. Oh I’m a neat freak!
9. If I gave you $1,000 how would you spend it?
I guess, I’ll put half of it on my savings and investments then spend the other half to buy us a flight to South Korea! I just love that country and I want to go back each time an opportunity shows itself to my face.
10. What is your favorite social media platform and why?
Instagram! I love pictures, pictures and pictures! Yes, I love them so much that it takes most of my “social media time” just browsing my IG feed. Hahaha. I love the fact that there are just too many creative minds out there. It’s an artsy world, after all.
11. What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned from blogging?
Blogging taught me that life is better when shared. Though we have stories we don’t tell to others, we still have a lot of stories that need to be told to inspire whoever needs some inspiration and hope.
So there! I guess by now, you’ve started to know me better. I hope that I have inspired even a single soul with my blog. That would really make me happy and without further ado, I would like to nominate my fellow inspiring bloggers all over the world (in no particular order):
- Jolanda of Woody World Packer
- Neelie of Neelie’s Next Bite
- Neha of Revolving Compass
- Mohit of Mohitarts
- Christina and Adam of Our Sweet Adventures
- Meenakshi of Polkajunction
- Fazril of Wandering Balt
- Torgeir of TravelTorgeir
- Giorgos of Travel Definition
- Monika of How’s my life
- Iulian of Travel To Inspire
Congratulations! Here are my questions for you:
- What is the most memorable country you’ve visited?
- Let’s say you meet someone who doesn’t like the idea of traveling, what will you say to him/her?
- What kind of traveler are you?
- So far in your life of traveling, have you ever wanted to stay somewhere and never come back home? If yes, where and why?
- What was the first trip that made you love traveling?
- If you were to spend your last day of being alive, how will you spend it?
- Traveling makes us see people in a different light. What is that one trait you’ve always hated before but learned to accept and understand after meeting so many people during your travels?
- What is the worst memory you have while traveling?
- What was the most delicious food you’ve tried outside your country?
- If you were to go somewhere tomorrow, where will it be and why?
- What is your belief in life?
To my nominees: Feel free to comment your blog links below so I could read your answers to my questions!